Common Control in Multiple Pages of Tab Control
At times, when we use a tab control which occupies the complete front panel, we may need to place certain controls like stop/exit… visible in all the tabs. So that the user can have access to these controls across all the tabs. Follow the below given steps to achieve the above said:
- Place the control next to the tab control. Here i have considered only two tabs,you can check with more tabs.
- Select the control using the position tool and start moving the control on to the tab using keyboard keys .
- Once the control enters on to the tab, you will notice a shadow surrounding the control( which will disappear once you run the vi).
- Continue to move it with the keyboard arrow keys until you reach your desired location on the tab.
- Note: Take care not to move it with mouse even after the work is done(control is placed in its desired location).
- Now run the vi and see the same control on all the tabs(without shadow).